Sadly, I missed the service last week when the Advent wreath spectacularly caught fire – whereupon the soprano and alto section of the choir were liberally sprayed by extract of fire extinguisher, as well as the wreath itself. There were no such pyrotechnics this week, as advent candle no. 3 was very gingerly lit. Being Gaudete Sunday, we were totally in keeping with the sentiment of the service, singing ‘Rejoice in the Lord Alway’ (Redford, or Anon. if you prefer). After processing out, we then returned to the church for coffee, only to see one of the smallest boys dressed in a Fireman Outfit, complete with hat and mini fire extinguisher. What a pity he turned up a week late!